Old May 12th 05, 02:49 AM
Joel Kolstad

"John Smith" wrote in message
Only thing I caution them of is high rf levels at these freqs--they have
little fear of microwaves until the dangers are made clear... they
constantly search ebay for microwave mosfets... when they mention ideas of a
PA out of a microwave oven--one does do some worry...

I'd worry aout someone who starts suggesting disassembling a microwave oven
too...

On the other hand, if they get themselves a bunch of microwave 'FETs from
eBay, by the time they actually manage to make a working power amplifier
they'll have had to absorb so much knowledge that they'll undoubtedly already
appreciate how much power they're playing around with!