Old May 11th 05, 09:34 PM
Asimov

"John Smith" bravely wrote to "All" (11 May 05 09:21:00)
--- on the heady topic of " Reflector Vs Director"

It's all about the frequency, physical length, and spacing...

JS Reply-To: "John Smith"
JS Xref: aeinews rec.radio.amateur.antenna:30111

JS Well, everything stated may be true... but I have never seen a beam
JS where you would confuse the reflectors from the directors by physical
JS size... if in doubt and you wish to confirm this--just look up!

JS Warmest regards,
JS John
JS --
JS Sit down the six-pack!!! STEP AWAY!!! ...and go do something...
JS " wrote in
JS message news:u85ge.72716$c24.9252@attbi_s72...
JS | When modelling close spaced element antenma
JS | assemblies it is possible that some elements are
JS | physically longer than the "driven" element.
JS | Is the length of a element sufficient enough to
JS | declare that element a " reflector" or are there
JS | other caveates involved.( i.e. phase)
JS | As background to this question I would point
JS | out that that it is possible to have two closed
JS | spaced (positioned) elements one of which is
JS | shorter and one of which is longer than
JS | the "driven " element, this combination being
JS | placed either forward or to the rear of the
JS | "driven " element.
JS | Regards
JS | Art

.... There's always free cheese in a mousetrap.