Old May 12th 05, 04:54 AM
Joel Kolstad

Hi John,

"John Smith" wrote in message
Do a search of the net, you will see some of the designs, circuits, boards
there...

Any pointers to 802.11b/g amplifiers? Most of the results I get Googling are
for the more "traditional" designs (from RF component vendors, booksellers,
etc.) -- I didn't see any homebrew 2.4GHz amp schematics aimed at the casusal
WiFi enthusiast.

... and while they mention the microwave oven--I don't think anyone is
attempting it!!!

Someone claiming they can take a magnetron from a $59 Wal*Mart microwave oven
and turn it into a reasonably linear power amplifier has a pretty poor
understanding just what it is that (1) amplifiers and (2) magnetrons from
cheap microwave ovens are meant to do. :-)