Old May 13th 05, 04:19 PM
Cecil Moore

Richard Clark wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
if the conjugate mirror involves RF waves
you would see nothing.

Yes.

...Why?

Because human eyes cannot detect RF? :-)

A source impedance of 100+j100 ohms ensuring 100 volts
at the source output terminal to a load impedance of
100-j100 ohms through one wavelength of lossless 50 ohm
coax is conjugately matched.

A source impedance of 50 ohms ensuring 100 volts at
the source output terminal to a load impedance of 100-j100
ohms through one wavelength of lossless 50 ohm coax is
not conjugately matched.

All conditions of voltage, current, and power external to
the source output terminal are identical in both cases,
i.e. making only passive measurements, one cannot tell
the difference between a conjugate match and a mismatch.
Except for a minor effect on my power bill, I fail to see
what the hullabaloo (concerning conjugate matching) is
all about.
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp