Old May 13th 05, 04:34 PM
Cecil Moore

Fred W4JLE wrote:
Has to do with the spinning of this marble we live on.

Called the "Coriolis Effect". In the Northern Hemisphere,
relative to the axis of rotation, points toward the north
move slower than points to the south. If we lived on a
cylinder rather than a sphere, we probably wouldn't have
any hurricanes.

Say, since math models seem to be able to dictate reality,
wouldn't a simple transformation from spherical coordinates
to cylindrical coordinates stop the hurricanes?
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp