Old May 14th 05, 05:09 AM
starman

The synthesizer for the Drake R4 is a great idea Pete. The FS-4 is very
hard to find now. There was a DIY version of the FS-4 but I don't think
the circuit boards are still available. I never had an R4 because I
didn't want to get all the crystals for the international HF bands. I'll
give it another thought when your synthesizer comes out. Keep up the
good work.

Pete KE9OA wrote:

Another product that I have designed is a DDS based synthesizer for the
Drake '4 line. This will be a substitute for the FS-4 synthesizer. It should
be in the 150 dollar price range. I've got somebody who is interested in
putting it into production. A friend of mine is working on the control code
right now.