Old November 17th 03, 07:49 PM
Mike Andrews

Paul Erickson wrote:
I have an HP-8640b opt.323 signal generator which
seems to be working ok, except the final two digits
on the display keep fluctuating, even after 3 hours
warm up. Is this normal, or do I need to check out
the service manual.

What's the drift rate? My 8640B (opt 1,2 and 3) drifts a few hundred
Hz an hour when tuned to HF (e.g., 14 MHz), but is acceptably stable
over the short term in that region.

--
.... at the end of the conversation, the guy said "Thanks a lot for
reporting this. If you need more details on our anti-spam policies,