Old May 14th 05, 01:15 PM
Pete KE9OA

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Once Jeff W finishes the control code, I
will characterize this unit. The AD9851 that I am using is pretty good on
most frequencies, but some of those DDS spurs are at the -54dBc level. I
just want to make sure that any of these spurs don't land on the 500kHz
tuning steps that the '4 line requires.
It should be ok.

Pete

"starman" wrote in message
The synthesizer for the Drake R4 is a great idea Pete. The FS-4 is very
hard to find now. There was a DIY version of the FS-4 but I don't think
the circuit boards are still available. I never had an R4 because I
didn't want to get all the crystals for the international HF bands. I'll
give it another thought when your synthesizer comes out. Keep up the
good work.

Pete KE9OA wrote:

Another product that I have designed is a DDS based synthesizer for the
Drake '4 line. This will be a substitute for the FS-4 synthesizer. It
should
be in the 150 dollar price range. I've got somebody who is interested in
putting it into production. A friend of mine is working on the control
code
right now.

News==----
Newsgroups