Old May 14th 05, 11:45 PM
€ Dr. Artaud €

wrote in news:1116038107.003168.116110
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

It's even worse than you describe, see the following. Missing battery cover
with homemade metal replacement. Not knowing the model, but from the
description below, it sounds as if it also has homemade antenna terminals?
Missing BFO switch. (I originally mistakenly wrote BRO switch, I am sure
that would have made for some humor)

Too much for too little.

Regards,

Dr. Artaud

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used1.html
"Shortwave Receiver
Notes: The RF-2900 has an analog and digital displays
and covers the AM, FM and SW bands. Has jacks for Record and Speaker. Has
S-Meter and knobs for Bass and Treble. The rear panel has homebrew metal
replacement battery cover and antenna terminals. BFO switch handle is gone,
but BFO is functional. AC cord and strap only."

It's a bad price even by Osterman's own used shortwave receiver guide
on dxing.com.