Old May 15th 05, 03:04 PM
K4NAU

Thanks Russ.........I was hoping there was some little "trick" to the ID of
the traps.....guess I'll have to do it by the book........73, de Butch k4nau
"Russ" wrote in message
That's funny, I am in the process of rehabilitating a Cushcraft R-7.
The 15M trap was busted up a bit so I got out the epoxy and the torch.
The epoxy was for the fiberglass insulator and the torch was to help
straighten out the "trombone" capacitor. Later I used the grid dip
oscillator to check the resonance point of the now rebuilt trap. Just
for grins I tested the other traps too and labelled them. I'll bet
you could use a GDO to find the resonance point of your traps. Label
them when you're done.

Russ

On Sun, 15 May 2005 08:43:04 -0400, "Sandlapper"
wrote:

I recently acquired one of these antennas that has been in the air for
several years. I suspect that it was sold as an A3, then "upgraded" to A3S
status by using SS hardware. the antenna was disassembled when I bought
it.
There are 3 trap designations according to the manual: TA, TB, TC. The
TA's
and the TC's are identical in appearance and there are no stamps or
markings
to distinguish one from the other. Is there an easy way to identify which
is which? Cushcraft doesn't supply any values.
Thanks, Butch K4NAU.