Old May 15th 05, 06:28 PM
Joe S.

Holy ****!!! I just read this entire thread and it has rapidly deteriorated
into a pile of nonsense. It's a Zepp on one band but not on another but
then it's a windom no it's not yes it is why not becasue yadda yadda.

Remember this: Engineers designed the Titanic. Engineers also designed the
sky bridge at the Kansas City Raddison and engineeers desigend the roof of
the Hartford Civic Center. And engineers design antennas.

Just put the goddam wire up in the air, tie some kind of feedline to it, run
it through the antenna tuner, tune for zereo reflected power and make
contacts. All else is bull****.

--

-----

"GeorgeF" wrote in message
nk.net...
I am currently using a 150' randomwire for 80 & 40 meters. Its
connected to the "wire" terminal of an MFJ-949 tuner. Been happy so far
with the conntacts made.

I'm considering taking an turning it into an endfeed windom simply by
running 450 ohm ladder line from the MFJ-949 to the top of my 30' mast
which current supports the randomwire. I'll be cutting the randomwire
at the mast and soldering one side of the 450 line while letting the
otherside of the 450 line not attached to anything.

Is there any advantage of doing this? Basically I'm taking a 150'
randomwire and turning it into about a 120' endfeed windom, will it be
worth the effort?

George