Old May 16th 05, 04:02 AM
Bill Otten

Begin with the premise that my father taught me when I was young. He told me
to always remember than every man, every man was my superior in some way. It
taught volumes about humility and respect for others. In all honesty, I
still lapse into stereotyping because it pervades our society, but it isn't
long before his words pop again into my conscience. He was right of
course...I've played chess in parks with derelict looking homeless who
kicked my ass, I've seen people play at a piano keyboard with eloquence
their appearance would deny. My auto mechanic, who never made it to getting
a high school diploma, is a master at keeping my complicated vehicle
running. Unfortunately, nasty stuff will continue, I foresee no end to it.

bill

"AussieSeek.com Political Messageboards" wrote in
message oups.com...
How do we keep the nasty stuff off the air waves ???

What is happening to your Local Radio ?

The same thing
thats happening
worldwide.

Saying Ah so wouldnt bother me
but not so in the UK ?

Do you get thrown off the radio in the USA
if you call someone a ******?

keith

-----------------------------------

Hi,

Today I was shocked to hear racism from a BBC radio presenter. It was
Radio 1's Chart Show with JK and Joel at between 16:45 and 16:50 on
Sunday 15th May 2005. There was a mention of something Chinese, and
one of the presenters said "Ah-So" in a mocking way. I have already
put in a complaint, and the least the BBC should do is retraining.

In the UK you can hear it from the
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/ch*?art/index.shtml. (Start listening in
from 45 minutes into the show.)

I used the stand alone Real player to really make sure.

Dave.