Old May 16th 05, 07:19 AM
Scott Dorsey

In article , wrote:
Kinda down at the moment, our college radio station got busted by the
FCC. Here a list of the stuff that was hauled off:

NRG PLL-PRO 3 20W TRANSMITTER
NRG 220 WATT RF LINEAR AMPLIFIER
NRG PRO III STEREO CODER
NRG PRO III STEREO LIMITER COMPRESSOR
DAIWA CN-101L SWR+POWER METER
COMET CFM-95SL 5/8 WAVE ANTENNA
50 FEET OF LMR 400 COAX
KENWOOD R-1000 SW RECEIVER (my fathers old short-wave radio?)

That stuff isn't type-accepted. You should not be using it on the air.

The really weird part is that we WERE NOT transmitting at the time of
the raid. One of the agents tolds us that they traced us through a
purchase order from Broadcast-Warehouse! It's true that we bought a
150w amp from broadcastwarehouse.com a few weeks ago. How did the FCC
know about that?

The same way that if you bought an amp from HRO and didn't submit the
license along with it.

Anyways, we will rebuild the station and continue to fight the globle
interests of the MEGA-MACHINE.

DEATH TO THE MEGA-MACHINE!

I'm not sure what the MEGA-MACHINE is, but if you're running non-type-accepted
gear that isn't custom-made, you're going to get a citation. It's good to
see that FCC at least enforcing _some_ technical standards these days, since
it's been a long time since they've paid much attention. Bring back annual
proof of performance measurements and hourly logs, that's what I'd suggest...
--scott