Old May 16th 05, 08:30 AM
Stephen Green

Go for the Eton E100, great little radio! Wish it had usb.lsb tho....

"Bill Otten" wrote in message
I've had the Grundig FR200 now for some time, nice little radio although
plagued by birdies (images) and a supercritical tuning rate only a surgeon
could effect to tune in shortwave stations. So I'm a bit interested in the
FR250...since the shortwave bands are divided now from 2 bands to several
more the selectivity should be a bit better. Grundig/Eton told me the
sensitivity is the same. So, if you've got one and used it how does it
perform? Mind you, I've no need for a super DX machine, I'm a ham op with
genuine supersensitive receivers, a 65 foot tower, and a large array of
antennas. The FR250 will serve as merely a nightstand radio to twiddle

with
prior to sleep. But I'd like to know how others rate it within these
paramaters. Thanks in advance

Bill
KC9CS