Old May 17th 05, 12:39 PM
Adrian Scripca YO8SSW

Default Magnetic Loops

Hello all,

Trying to get back to haming after few years I have purchased an used
FT100D. The problem is the antenna. I've been searching the net for HF
antenna designs that can fit my apartment's balcony. I really don't
have too much space available since the apartment is rented and I live
at the 9th floor.

I read about magnetic loops and I liked G4FON's version (
http://www.g4fon.net/MagLoopTwo.htm ) I have about 30 meters of RG58 (
4mm diameter ) available and was thinking of trying his implementation.
The only problem is that I can't find FT50-61 toroid around here so
I'll try to feed the RF to the loop through a 1/5 coax coupling loop.

Question is : will it support all the power the FT100 delivers ( 100W
) supposing I'll use a highvoltage cap ? Tips and tricks about magloops
construction will also be appreciated.

73s de YO8SSW

P.S. : I am not a native english speaker so please excuse my possible
mistakes.