Old May 17th 05, 04:47 PM
Richard Clark

On 17 May 2005 04:39:28 -0700, "Adrian Scripca YO8SSW"
wrote:

The only problem is that I can't find FT50-61 toroid around here so
I'll try to feed the RF to the loop through a 1/5 coax coupling loop.

Hi Adrian,

If it does not, try any toroid you have.

Question is : will it support all the power the FT100 delivers ( 100W
) supposing I'll use a highvoltage cap ?

It will have to be very high voltage (more than 1000V). G4FON
describes how double sided board created capacity problems. He should
have described how to use double sided board to make a capacitor.

The real problem is a variable capacitor for tuning. It must have low
resistance. Using variable capacitors with shaft tuning are not good.
Using variable capacitors that are "trombone" style are better (which
is something you usually make for yourself) because the leads are also
the plates (low resistance).

Low resistance means 0.01 Ohm - or lower. G4FON probably does not
obtain this low resistance (does it get warm?), but the design may be
useful anyway. Build it and see, and plan to build another one better
(do not throw the first one away until you can prove #2 is better).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC