Old May 18th 05, 03:20 AM
KD6EVM

Namikis wrote:
I have a Drake SW8, S/N: 4B12450092 for sale. It just came back from
R.L. Drake where the unit was restored back to spec (new power supply,
new whip antenna, repaired power filtration circuits, upgraded
firmware, fixed the whip input circuit problem, etc.). The unit is in
great shape. I have a Icom R-75 as well and need to chose one to keep
(too many rados on nightabe can you get you in truble,,,. The Drake has
excellent FM radio capabilities (the bass response is actually
very impressive) - but in the end I decided to keep my Icom. I do not
listen the the air band much, but it is there if you need it. The unit
will be shipped in the original box (actually a new one that Drake used
to return the unit after restoring) and with the original manual. Sync
detection in this unit is *not* of the selectable sideband variety
(offered in later SW8s)- but it wroks well for me - a' la Icom R8A. If
you are interested, email me to discuss price (I will go with ebay
averagefor pieces of this type nfor the year - OBO). Please contact me
if you have more questions. Make me an offer - if it is fair I will
consider it!

Thanks,

Jose

What is the physical condition? Scratches? Dents? Wear?

Tom KD6EVM