Old May 18th 05, 01:08 PM
John Hague

On Wed, 18 May 2005 10:41:19 GMT, W3JDR wrote:

Bernard,

If your goal is to make a kit that uses simple, commonly available
components and exploits a 'powerful microprocessor' for flexibility, then
DSP is definitely the way to go. If properly done, it virtually
eliminates
the need for all of the old ham-favorite special function chips.

With respect to 're-injection of the LO into the RX', I'm not quite sure
what you mean. There is the potential for LO leakage out of the antenna
port
because the LO is on the receive frequency, but this is pretty easily
managed with careful electrical and electro-mechanical design.

Joe
W3JDR

If I remember rightly, there's a description of a DSP-based 2m transceiver
in 'Experimental Methods in RF Design...'

73

John, G4GOY