Old May 19th 05, 04:12 AM
Charlie

Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , fredtv wrote:

Right or wrong, the broadcast regulations *are* the official rules

These rules were thought up before PLL transmitters.
Analog mini transmitters can be all over the dial. The new digital ones can
lock dead on.

No. Crystal control is just as accurate as PLL control. And the FCC frankly
doesn't care _how_ you control frequency, just as long as it stays within
the specified limits.

Scott, the other item that's being missed by these people who believe
that they can use non type accepted equipment is the strenuous off
frequency emissions standards.

I think the FCC should change the rules to allow higher power levels
depending on the type of equipment you're using.

Low power stations can provide a valuable service and should be allowed to
be part of the media mix.

That's what the whole LPFM licensing is about, and it's what the old Class D
allocation used to be about. The problem is that the bands are too crowded
for many of the things to be given out. There just aren't a lot of places
to shoehorn low power stations today because there are already too many
stations on the bands.

Now, if I ran the FCC, I'd be revoking licenses right and left for "failure
to provide a public service and contribute to the public good," but I do
not.
--scott

Charlie
--
To respond by Email remove never- from address