Old May 19th 05, 04:13 AM
James W Anderson

Can KXOL move to another site given the crowded nature of the
allotments in Southern California?

There are so many stations nearby, plus Mexican allotments, that I'm
wondering if there is simply no way to move away from the old Power 106
site.

Also, since this is what company telling another what they can do with
what they own, and given the type of business being run here,
commercial radio, can charges under other business laws and antitrust
laws be brought against the party that telling the other what they can
and cannot do with their station be considered illegal under other US
law, forget the FCC regulations?

From what I got from the R&R report, it sounds like KXOL wanted to flip

to Hurban. If the complaining party that told KXOL they could not flip
to Hurban. does it with one of their stations, then there could be a
real serious legal case coming down the line.

The rationale for the veto was it would cut into Power 106's listener
base. Hurban draws listeners from Spanish formats and from
CHR/Rhythmics. Typical listener base is younger, 2nd/3rd generation
Hispanics in the US already and who also are typically bilingual as a
result.

I don't wish it on Emmis, CC, or anyone else involved for that matter.