Old May 19th 05, 09:52 PM
Thierry

"Scott" wrote in message
The ELF antennas in Michigan and Wisconsin were bigger than 70M. Each
was 13 miles long. Wisconsin had 2 antennas and the Michigan site had 3
antennas. The patterns were steerable electronically by changing the
current phases. Simple stuff. I used to work there.

For sure that any ELF system, due to the wavelengths used will be always
very loo-ong and the longest system.
In this context we can also speak about HFGW and space VLBI.
But speaking in term of HF and microwaves, Arecibo and DSN remains the
largest.
All depend on what frequency bands are concerned.

Thierry, ON4SKY

Scott

Thierry wrote:

"harrogate2" wrote in message

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message

Chris wrote:

?

Ariceibo?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

News==----

http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
100,000 Newsgroups
---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption

=---

As a single antenna, probably.

Arecibo remains the largest fixed antenna.
The largest steerable is DSN... 70 m
ham : probably the low band beam used by JARL ?

73
Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry

But as an 'effective' antenna what about that line of dishes on tracks
near Cambridge that ISTR is equivalent to a dish 3 miles across!

--
Woody

harrogate2 at ntlworld dot com