Old May 19th 05, 06:10 PM
John Miles

In article ,
says...
8) PLL: I am currently leaning towards National (LMX2306 or similar).

They

Think about DDS. There are some really nice DDS choices from Analog Devices
and TI. TI has some really nice, cheap synthesizers. DDS is way less of a
pain than PLL. TI's 440 MHz part can easily work down to 2 meters.

Maybe use an image from a plain old AD9850 or AD9851... no need for a
fast clock if you only want to cover a 4 MHz chunk of spectrum.

The National and Analog PLL chips are great, but not needed here.

-- jm

http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx
Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam