Old November 28th 03, 04:40 AM

wrote in message ...
Tim Wescott wrote:

I've got a National NC-46 that I'm resurrecting. The alignment is waaay out
of wack, with the top ends of the tuning ranges as much as 25% higher in
frequency than they should be.

You probably know this already, but it bears repeating:
Alignment is never waaay out of whack - unless someone with
a "golden screwdriver" was in there before you. Look for
a defective component in the circuit - open/shorted/changed
value caps come to mind.

Sometimes the alignment is not correct in the factory manual ,try the
reverse ,set top of band with slug and bottom with cap,if that doesn`t
work---set top with cap and bottom with slug,,also if you have
bandspred make sure the var cap in min position,(out) position..make
sure youhave an accurate sig source..GL Harold W4PQW