Old May 20th 05, 11:45 PM

Tom wrote:

snip

His tests demonstrate that PIN diodes intended for RF switching are
superior to PN switching diodes, especially at low bias.

Surprisingly,
the common 1N4007 1A rectifier which has a PIN structure equals or
outperforms the MPN3700 and BAR17 RF PIN diodes for intermod at

5-10mA
bias but its reverse bias isolation would require two of them in

series
to match these others.

snip

Tom

Man I wish the R2000 RF deck was easier to get to, I have a boatload,
OK at least 100 1N4007. When a development lab moved from from
Lexington I "inheireted" the parts stashes of several friends who
moved out of the area. This is so tempting it is frightening......

Thanks for something to think about.

Terry