Old November 29th 03, 10:57 PM
N2EY

In article ,
(AComarow) writes:

Hammarlund's HQ-215 or -205 (I don't recall the exact model
number) comes to mind--a nondescript receiver coupled with a CB transmitter.

HQ-105TR - it was an HQ-100 with a one-tube one-channel 5 watt 10 or 11 meter
rig inside (used the rx audio system for the modulator). Circa 1958 - not a
desperation move by Hammarlund, just a marketing attempt.

The HQ-215 (1968 or so) was meant to be a solid-state top-end rx. It used the
same het scheme as the Collins S-line and it could (in theory, anyway)
transceive with a 32S-3. But I doubt many Collins fans wanted one!

But the RME 6900 was a very good radio, at least in my opinion. It performed
well and looked pretty neat, and was priced well below the top of
hamband-only
receivers.

How did it compare with, say, a 75A-4?

73 de Jim, N2EY