Old May 22nd 05, 04:30 AM
Brenda Ann

"? Dr. Artaud ?" wrote in message
commentaries on AFN
Dr. Artaud

AFN doesn't (as far as I have heard) have their own commentators. They have
limited news offereings of their own.

Most of what they carry is contracted sources from stateside networks,
predominantly FOX news. They do carry news from the three major networks on
television, however, their primary source of news on television is Fox News.
Their news programming is definately skewed to the right (Rush, Dr. Laura,
Sean Hannity, Paul Harvey, et. al.) with some PBS (Jim McNiel, et. al.)
thrown in.

Most of the public service spots are also borrowed from commercial radio/TV,
with a few exceptions. One of the ones I least agree with is one where the
troops are advised how to decrease their chances of becoming victims of a
terrorist attack on public transportation (don't take this wrong, I think
force protection is very important). The spot encourages them to sit on the
inside seats on a bus or train, and the window and center seats on an
airplane. My problem with this approach is that it makes our troops look
like they are using civilians as shields..