Old May 23rd 05, 02:38 AM
Tam/WB2TT

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
ink.net...

It took a lot of going back and forth, but I have an EZNEC simulation of
75/80 m antenna that has an swr below 2.0 from 3.5 to 4.0. If you do put

up
the 4.5 antenna, you can probably use that to extend the bandwidth of the

80
m antenna on the high side.

Tam/WB2TT

Could you post what the antenna looks like that will do that bandwidth ?

de KU4PT

Easy, two dipoles at right angles. One wire is 133 feet long, the other is
119. The height I used was 75 feet over average ground. I double checked
the SWR. It is below 2:1 from 3.5 to 4.0. If you do it at 75 Ohms, the SWR
is below 1.5:1 from 3.55 to 3.975.

Tam/WB2TT