Old May 23rd 05, 12:25 AM

On 2005-05-19 said:
I wish you were running the FCC, stations these days simply don't
do any public service. Running recorded Public service programs
at 4 am on a Sunday morning won't cut it in my book.

If they ran them at 6pm would you listen to them?

IF they were well presented I probably would. Usually our NPR
affiliate here has switched back to music from news. THese days for
lack of anything better on the dial I spin the dial one notch up the
band and tune in wwoz here in NEw Orleans if I'm traveling to work or
about the city. AT home I only listen to npr news when I get up in
the mornings and occasionally wwoz. OTherwise I'm listening to
whatever audio is relevant to the project I'm producing or my own
music collection which is far more varied than anything I can get on
commercial radio.
HOwever I can say that for the most part well presented public service
programming at 6:00 P.M. would be something I'd make an effort to tune
in.

I'm like the poster you quoted. People such as Mr. DOrsey would do a
much better job of running an agency such as the FCC. True public
service would be more than just something that had to receive some lip
service to keep one's broadcasting license.

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions
--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania
Replace 0junk4me with elspider for real email

Amazing how much tape is on a 10" reel, when it's not, isn't it?