Old May 23rd 05, 08:37 AM
Jimmie

Default 20 meter J antenna

For A while now I have been pondering practical ways to build a 20 meter J
antenna mostly for the grins and giggles of doing it. Recently I came by a
couple of lengths of triangluklar tower. I was thinkinking about erecting
these an placing a metal pole down the middle shorting the two together at
about 16 ft from the top. The radiator would consist of a 30+ ft fiberglass
whip. Any thoughts on this design would be appreciated. Other ideas for a J
have been dismissed because they would require guys. I need something that
would be freestanding.