Old May 23rd 05, 06:48 AM
Pete KE9OA

Hi Lucky,

They would be talking about the AC level across 222 ohms; there wouldn't be
any DC there. If you do have any questions for me, it would be fine to
e-mail me directly.
There are quite a few knowledgeable folks on the NG, so it is good to
include all of them with these kinds of questions.

Pete

"Michael Black" wrote in message

"Lucky" ) writes:
Hi there Pete

I was looking at the specs of the 150, and I see the audio output specs
for
the headphones jack is 4v 220ohms. Does the headphone jack put out 4v
DC??
I'd like to harness it for it's 4v of power. What woud be the best way to
this and have one hot and one ground?

You're completely misreading the specifications.

They are talking about 4V AC, measured across 220 ohms. That's the level
of
the audio coming out of there.

And newsgroups are for eveyone. If you are looking for an answer from
someone specific, and I think that's actually rude, then use email.
Hence there's no reason to address posts to someone specific.

Michael

Since the headphone jack is mono, where would the 4v be hot? On the very
tip
of the headphone plug?

If I stuck a mini stereo plug in the larger mono plug and plugged it in,
would one of the resulting wires coming out of the cut mini plug power
out
at 4v DC? What could I use for the ground {-} line? Surely it's not the
other mini plug wire? Just use the radio's case for ground?

Thanks one that sees thru radios
Lucky