Old May 23rd 05, 06:18 PM
Richard Clark

On 23 May 2005 02:11:46 -0700, "
wrote:

Shouting
can easily come down afew decibels, after going up and down the stairs
adjusting the dipole angle and lengths. :-) I don't have a CW key yet.
:-( So what's the other option?

Hi Ramakrishnan,

Give us some more details, like what rig you are using. There is a
chance that it has a "key" button for tune-up already. If you don't
have a CW key, I'm sure you have a screwdriver that would fit into the
jack (#2 Phillips maybe?).

So, as I understand it, you already have a "fan dipole." With uneven
length elements because of their tie-off, you could simply tie-off a
normal length element wire, and let the excess hang down. Take care
to select a tie-off point that is remote from surfaces (this may mean
that more wire hangs down, but this doesn't not seem to be an issue
with your height advantage).

Where in India are you located?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC