Old May 23rd 05, 07:44 PM
R. Scott

Richard Clark wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2005 10:35:22 -0700, Richard Clark
wrote:

2400 foot vertical with a 1 square mile top hat.

Hmmm,

On reflection, that isn't in the Ham bands is it?

Well, it should be! That and Amateur Radar (and even AHAARP).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Yea Im just looking for the Ham Band types. Ive used Bigger (Comsta
Bullrings) but you know, there is practicality

Scotty N7HJ

--
Rick
Everett, Washington
From: "JJonson"
Subject: Prosumer Firewall router?
Sender: (Boeing NNTP News Access)
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 18:45:14 GMT

I have tried several broadband routers, Linksys, D-Link, Belkin to use their
features to control WWW access in my home LAN. None of these allow you to
set restriction features within a time window. They allow you to block out
access at certain time windows by day of week, but they dont for example
have the flexibility to allow FTP access while blocking eveything else in a
time window.

Is there a prosumer level of router that has the added flexibility to set
access restrictions that are invoked within a certain time window? This for
a small home network behind a cable modem.

thanks

#! rnews 1734
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet
From: "JJonson"
Subject: Prosumer router?
Sender:
(Boeing NNTP News Access)
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 18:46:30 GMT

thats a good point. I really was looking for more plug and play. I can see
myself spending inordinate amout of time working the kinks out of a linus
version.
"James Knott" wrote in message
JJonson wrote:

I have tried several broadband routers, Linksys, D-Link, Belkin to use
their
features to control WWW access in my home LAN. None of these allow you
set restriction features within a time window. They allow you to block
out access at certain time windows by day of week, but they dont for
example have the flexibility to allow FTP access while blocking

eveything
else in a time window.

Is there a prosumer level of router that has the added flexibility to

set
access restrictions that are invoked within a certain time window? This
for a small home network behind a cable modem.

You could roll your own, using Linux. That would give you as much
flexibility as you want. Also, some of the Linksys models run Linux and
there are many patches available, to add funtion to the box.

#! rnews 2308
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet
From: "JJonson"
Sender:
(Boeing NNTP News Access)
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 18:47:38 GMT

thats a good point. I guess I can see enterprise systems having that time
based feature either.

"Al Dykes" wrote in message
In article ,
James Knott wrote:
JJonson wrote:

[...]

Linksys has some "better" products that probably come out of the Cicso
takeover that have lots more features. IMO time restrictions are a
comsumer feaure and these are corporate products so you may be out of
luck. SMC makes some nice network products too.

For Linksys Take a look at this: (Scroll down)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...b Category=28

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.