Old May 23rd 05, 10:37 PM
uncle arnie

Stephen M.H. Lawrencealuminium
"Brian Hill" wrote:
Hi Steve. That was my assumption as well. Se ya in the Alzheimers clinic.

B.H.

Dibs on the remote! Wait a minute, I forget where it's located!

My Grandmother insists Alzehimer's is connected somehow
with aluminum usage in cans, pots and pans, etc., etc. Of
course, I think that's bunk. In fact, I'm going to be doing some
valuable research this afternoon. My source material will
probably be Michelob Amber Bock. (wink wink, nudge nudge).

VY 73,

They did find excess aluminum in the brains of some Alzheimers patients - in
the substantia nigra where the characteristic neural tangles occur. There
was some trouble replicating the finding, and of course finding it doesn't
necessarily imply cause.

Excessive alcohol (coupled with thiamine - vitamin B1 - deficiency. I heard
the Aussies fortify their beer with it for prevention) can bring on
Korsakoff's disease. With all the confabulation in this NG, I'd say a few
have developed one of the other.