Old May 24th 05, 01:12 PM
dxAce

"John S." wrote:

bb wrote:
John S. wrote:
If it was so bad in years past, why did you go this year. My last

trip
to Dayton was about 1995 and my impression of the used equipment

for
sale outside was that it had been carted between too many other
hamfests. And there was a surprising amount of non-radio

electronic
gear and parts. The inside was the usual glitzy trade show and one
vendor actually had bikini clad women prancing around.

ICOM had Very YL's in bathrobes and slippers.

JS Very YL as in pre-teens?

In my experience hamfests in general are showing lower attendance
because of both internet-based competition and the ham radio hobby
itself being on the far side of the growth and maturity curve.

Maybe if the Hamvention ran an advertisement in AARP...

JS I suspect that hams are already well represented in the AARP.

One only needs to be 50 to join AARP. Don't need no kids, lids or space cadets.

dxAce
Michigan
USA