Old May 24th 05, 01:54 PM

POS
I have seen several and even the linear ones are way too noisy.
Go with an aston.
Even a returned unit could ber a very good deal.
Lot's of items are returned that have no problem

I wouldn't hesitate to go for a factory refurbished supply.
If you can afford it, spring for meters. It is nice to be able
to look at the voltage adn currentmeters every now and
then just to check that things are normal.

I had an old Clegg rock bound 2 mtr rig that started drawing
about 2 amps on squelched receive. The amp meter showed
me an unexpected load, so I was able to catch a minor problem
before it became a big one.

Terry