Old May 24th 05, 06:02 PM
jon

Greetings Jim! I haven't seen any that were just vhf fm, and or uhf
fm, but there are a bunch of radios that were made portable that are
multi-band AM, FM, SW, VHf, and aircraft. VHF usually covering
118-174. I have a few here. Most do pretty well on 118-136, but are
poor at best on 136-174. You will find a bunch of them on ebay, and if
you go to thrift stores, flea markets, and yard sales they can be found
regularly. I have paid as little as $2 for them. The best of the
bunch that I have found is an Aircastle model 162F1 eight band. It has
a flip over front with a world map, sort of a cheap knock off of a
Zenith Transocianic. It has decent reception on most bands. It is
analog tuned so it is not a scanner. Even a cheap lower end old scanner
is a better buy than one of these unless you are wanting to add
shortwave to your listening. That is the reason I keep this Aircastle
as it is decent on shortwave. I have a lot of better shortwave radios,
but this one is different. Now that I have blabbered on get someone to
wake you up. I hope I said something that was of interest. Have a great
week! Jon.