Old May 25th 05, 02:45 AM
John Smith

The smart ones will just come at you though a western proxy... frown

Warmest regards,
John

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
. ..
Dave Platt wrote:

In article ,
Tom Ring wrote:

No go, and I added extra ports - 6882-6889.

Hmmm...

Your end is trying to connect on nonstandard ports back to my end. They
are not ports listed on any of the torrent pages I've looked at, assuming
your end is 195.23.xxx.xxx. It tried from 6882 on your end to 2471,
2523, and 2546 on my end. 6882 is fine, but as a destination.

Nope, that's somebody else - the IP range looks like it's in Portugal.
It _could_ be someone else who is fetching the torrent and is trying
to peer with you (there's one active downloader for each of the two,
at the moment), or it could be J. Random Nastyguy portscanning your
system looking for trojans and etc.

J Random Nastyguy gets caught and reported on my net. Like the .kr I
nailed tonight trying to ssh2 in. It would be easier to just block the
whole of the far east, and I may do that someday soon.

I'm really not sure why you're having the problem. I do see that the
4.01 BitTorrent tracker has some logic which tries to figure out
whether the system asking for the download is behind a NAT, although
I'm not sure what it does with the information. I'll try restarting
the tracker and turning that feature off... maybe it'll make a
difference.

Well no matter, I'll live without it. Sounded good though.

tom
K0TAR