Old May 25th 05, 02:31 AM
Bob Bob

For those that want to play with Linux under Windows have a look at the
cygwin system. (http://www.cygwin.com) You get the Linux CLI and if you
want you can also run XWindows. You can probably run wget inside it as
well although I havent checked. For a while I use to run XWindows apps
from my "remote" Linux box on the W32 screen. (I have since converted to
running Wine (windows emulator) under Linux or a VNC connection to my
W98 laptop under the ebd!)

Cygwin is kind of handy for die hard W32 users that only need a little
Linux now and then! There has also been a number of cross platform
projects that need the cygwin libary and this can be compiled to run on
both OS's. A good example of this is the RDFT code under Digtrx.

Cheers Bob

funkbastler wrote:
----

wget is a good alternative on windows, too.