Old May 24th 05, 10:43 PM

" wrote:

"K. Hastings" wrote:

I'm looking at a used TS-450S with Serial Number 30300519 that seems in very
good shape.

Can you tell me:

(1) What is the likely date of manufacture of this rig? I'm hoping to avoid
an early production unit that may have some inherent weaknesses...
(2) What are likely problems that this radio has experienced over the years
that I should watch out for?

Thanks 73 Kevin VE9XYZ

PS (I asked this question over the weekend and misspelled TS-450S - sorry
about that; It's the TS-450S that I'm asking about)

I love mine and have had it a long time, only problem was I had to
have the numeric keypad replaced. Push those keys and make sure they
work right.

Might want to turn the M.CH/VFO CH knob also, forgot I had to replace
that also.