Old May 25th 05, 03:14 AM
John Smith

Oh yeah, we will get right on that--run one OS so we can run another right
on top of it...

Dual boot, run your games in windows, go linux for root hacking... don't
run windows, so you can run linux on top of it, so you can go root hacking
into the old guys computers here... they arent' a challenge anyway--go beat
up on other teenagers...

Warmest regards,
John

"Bob Bob" wrote in message
news
For those that want to play with Linux under Windows have a look at the
cygwin system. (http://www.cygwin.com) You get the Linux CLI and if you
want you can also run XWindows. You can probably run wget inside it as
well although I havent checked. For a while I use to run XWindows apps
from my "remote" Linux box on the W32 screen. (I have since converted to
running Wine (windows emulator) under Linux or a VNC connection to my W98
laptop under the ebd!)

Cygwin is kind of handy for die hard W32 users that only need a little
Linux now and then! There has also been a number of cross platform
projects that need the cygwin libary and this can be compiled to run on
both OS's. A good example of this is the RDFT code under Digtrx.

Cheers Bob

funkbastler wrote:
----

wget is a good alternative on windows, too.