Old May 25th 05, 05:06 AM
Bob Miller

On Tue, 24 May 2005 20:29:55 -0500, "WA9VRH Larry"
wrote:

Any neat new stuff from the big three?

bob
k5qwg

Hi David,

Here is a reply to a similar request about Dayton.

73 Larry WA9VRH

Well I think the shock of a dry Dayton is having a
large effect on everyone!
If I wasn't there I would have never believed it!

There were lots of BA equipment there this year.
There was an estate from a 4 land person that
supposedly his wife was
dealing with (who was also a ham) (if anyone knows
more details please post)
This guy had a ton of stuff mostly Collins but
everything from SP600 to a
Harvey Wells TBS-50D. Prices were pretty much in line
with averages on most
of the equipment with the Collins being maybe a little
high.

I saw a number of SP600's from oh I think it was
$150.00 ea for a couple to
more regular going prices. Lots of Drake TR-4 series
and TR-7 series.
An NCX-3, NCX-5, and couple of NCL-2000's. Two
HRO-500's one working the
other the synthiser (sp) would not lock up for I think
it was $450.00 to
$500.00. Also the LF device for $500.00.

Lots of Hallicrafters stuff in all kinds of shape.
Even a MutliElmac or two
was spotted. There was also an Eico 753 transceiver
but no 720's or 730's
that I saw. There were a couple of Hallicrafters
HT-40's and SX-140's and
an Echophone or two. There was a lack of RME
equipment. (something I am
interested in since I have lived in the Peoria Il area
for a long time)

There were also a few Gonset G-76's WITH AC power
supplies. Also the 2m and
6m versions of the Gonsets. Missing where the G-66 and
G-77's along with the
Gonset Sidewinders.

Also a few pieces of Swan equipment but not many.

Well that's it from my memory. Probably would be able
to think of more but I
am sure others saw more.

Dayton as always will be Dayton. They announced once
again they are NOT
moving and I for one believe it to be true for at
least a couple of years.
There is no doubt that Dayton is the place to find it.

Some of the prizes I brought home were a G-76 and G-76
AC power supply, a
broadcast station console, a bunch of parts, a pretty
much empty cooler,
(insert the stuff of your choice inside) and a Great
Time!

73 Larry WA9VRH

"w4sse" wrote in message
I was not able to make it to Dayton this year.

Anybody care to give a
report? It appears the weather was better than last

year. Was there
much older stuff for sale.

Thanks in advance for any info and hopefully I will

make it next year.

David - W4SSE