Old May 25th 05, 05:38 AM
Doug Smith W9WI

KØHB wrote:
My current general purpose logging software (HyperLog) is no longer supported,
so I am looking for a replacement.

Following are my requirements.

MUST HAVE
--Intel/MS platform (Win, DOS, whatever)
--Radio aware
--Keyboard-centric (no mouse for routine logging)
--Callbook CD aware
--Import/Export ADIF
--LoTW integration
--Award tracking (DXCC, WAZ, etc)
--Print QSL report labels
--Impecable track record of author support

Nominations please. (Price not important)

As you've seen, people seem to be quite partisan about their favorite
loggers!

I've tried a bunch. Didn't really like *any* of them. Gave up & wrote
my own. Linux platform though all the components are also available for
Windows & the underlying Perl code should run on Windows with little or
no modification. It doesn't have rig control, CD support, or LotW
integration though they could all be added.

Neat thing is that all QSOs are logged into a standard database engine.
Any query I can think up, I can run. Got a QSL card from AP2IA?

mysql mylog -e "update log set name='Ijaz', city='Lahore', grid='MM62'
where call='AP2IA'"

and the data is updated for all QSOs. Can't do that with most other
programs.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66