Old May 26th 05, 01:04 AM
Hal Rosser

sounds like you're mixing up Java and JavaScript.
Java is really a good language for Linux - and Wndows - And for i-series
(AS/400)
C# is a java wannabe. (VB.net runs as fast as C#)
You call them scripting languages - but they're really hybrids - they are
compiled - but not to machine language.
Java needs the JVM - and C# needs the dot-net framework.
Java will run on most platforms.
C# will run on windows.
Java rules.
C# is not my favorite language - in case I wasn't clear.
I like Python better than Perl. It is Object-oriented. Java spoiled me for
OO.
When it comes to server-side programming, Java is the one - JSP and
servlets.

"John Smith" wrote in message
Java is OK for Linux, C# is better on windows machines (both use the "C"
programming syntax--both are scripting languages--if you are going to use

scripting language get activeperl, it is free and the best)... Windows XP

no
longer supports java--if you patch with SP2 (and you most certainly

should)
java is lost and must be installed as a third party component from the SUN
Microsystems site... I don't use Java--too slow... most malicious
webpage/email/newsgroup attacks are in java these days... although few are
successful--some are... scriptkiddies favorite language is Java...

Warmest regards,
John