Old May 26th 05, 05:44 AM
Lucky

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in message
news:aU9le.863$Pm3.686@trnddc08...

"Lucky" wrote in message
Hi guys

It says in the manual that if the aerial selector switch is in the Norm
position the terminal long wire and 50 Ohm coax socket are *both active.
BUT, it also says the Whip socket, which is also the 50 Ohm coax socket,

is
only active when the switch is in the Whip position.

What if you 2 antenna connected to the radio at the same time? One as a

long
wire connected to the terminal and 2 small dipoles on the 50 Ohm socket.

If
**both active when the switch is on Norm, how is the signal being
distributed to the radio?

Did you look at the schematic? It's pretty clear what is going on.

The intent is not to connect 2 different antennas at the same time- it is
give you the option of one or the other.
The attenuator and preamp are only connected to the coaxial socket. One
would use the preamp position with the short whip- rather than a preamp,
it
is a Z converter; making the whip+ preamp into an active antenna.
The attenuator position is to prevent strong stations from overloading the
150's wide open front end.

73,

Dale W4OP

Hi Dale

Yes I knew about the small whip and pre amp for portable use. I guess both
antennas can't be hooked at the same time even though it would have been
nice to be able to switch from the long wire to the coax socket like on the
R75.

I tried to improvise by using the "Whip" preamp position to cut off the long
wire and just use the coax but it seems I was not doing that. I was just
switching in the preamp on the dipoles and the long wire stayed active too.
I was under the impression since the preamp only worked in the Whip
position, it cut off the long wire connection at the same time letting me
choose between the two.

Under that impression I wondered why it wasn't vice versa. Did you
understand what I mean??

I guess I need a separate switcher like RHF suggested.

Thanks
Lucky