Old May 26th 05, 03:18 PM
Cecil Moore

Vince wrote:
What danger, if any, is there when resonant 40m, 30m, and 20m dipole
elements in parallel with RG58 coaxial cable feed and the radio's
internal ATU are used on the 17m, 15m, 12m, and 10m bands?

The ATU permits loading of the non-resonant bands to full RF output,
but I have had a blown capacitor that is used within the LowPassFilter
for the 40m channel and another capacitor blown within the 12m/10m
channel.

The sum of the forward voltage and reflected voltage probably
exceeded the ratings of the caps. There is a specified limit
to the SWR that can be tolerated on my IC-756PRO, for instance.
Have you measured your SWR on every band and abided by the
maximum SWR specifications for your rig? If not, please do so.
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp