Old May 26th 05, 12:45 PM
Lucky

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
Lucky,
.
If the Whip Antenna's SO-239 Jack and Pre-Amp 'position'
work together; then you could use a Shielded Coax Cable
Loop Antenna instead of the Whip Antenna connected to
the SO-239 Jack and switch-on the Pre-Amp. Consider
to possibility . . .
.
iane ~ RHF
. . . . .

But, if you put the antenna switch to "Norm", you can use the 239 jack
without the preamp according to the manual. This is what I used to use when
I first got it. I rarely used the long wire spring antenna terminal. So
again why a loop with the preamp??

I wonder what antennas most people use on their 150's? The wire spring
terminal or the coax socket and why??

Lucky