Old May 26th 05, 08:28 PM
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

G1LVN wrote:
.....to deregulation of Amateur Radio in the UK that is!

*** From the country that brought you HF with no morse test --
Complete deregulation -- Wireless Telegraphy Act excempt,
un-regulated, un-policed, un-enforced, free-for-all SHF/UHF/VHF/HF
bands within a 18,000 mile radius of London, England

*** Have YOUR SAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----- JUST DO IT ----- (read on, click on the reply link below)

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static*/subs...iospectrum.htm

On 26th of May "OfCom" the UK's Radio Authority will issue a
consulation document on the future of Amateur Radio Licensing in the
UK. The consulation is open to all and will ask a number of questions
on options such as licence for life, de-regulation and:

"..options to make the (UK) amateur radio service WT Act
licence-exempt" [#1] - That's all amateur radio exempt from licensing
under the UK Wireless Telegraphy Act, it'll be a nightmare on the
bands, HF included.

Just so you do not miss this important event in world amateur radio,
add yourself to the mailing list he

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static*/subs...iospectrum.htm

.....and HAVE YOUR SAY !!! You will be emailed on May 26th, immediately
the consulation is published. HAVE YOUR SAY !!! HAVE YOUR SAY !!! HAVE
YOUR SAY !!! HAVE YOUR SAY !!! HAVE YOUR SAY !!! HAVE YOUR SAY !!!

--73deG1LVN
in the meantime:
http://qsy.to/ChorleyFM

I've just received a reminder to renew my licence by 30 June, should I
wait and see if I can save £15? How many pints is that?
--
;-)
73 de Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI - mine's a pint.