Old May 26th 05, 07:30 PM
Dave Hall

On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:25:43 GMT, "Jim Hampton"
wrote:

Hello, Dave

I mispoke. I meant the number of marriages that end up in divorce. Most
divorced couples remarry. The "approaching 50%" is the number of first
marriages that end up in divorce. Usually, one of the couple already has an
intended and only needs the divorce to immediately remarry. By the end of a
year or two, both are counted as married, although no longer to each other.

Ah, well that's a different kettle of fish. Some people marry several
times. Others stay married for 50 years or more. Some never marry.

Depending on the agenda of the site, you can find numbers to support
the notion that the institution of marriage is in the crapper, or that
it is making a dramatic comeback. Take what you read with a grain of
salt.

As to the dollar, I agree we have had deficits before; but this thing is
huge. I also suspect that they want to change Social Security (and it will
have to be changed) to an extent that they don't have to pay back all of
those IOUs.

I would certainly feel more secure if my "SS" money was in my own
personal account, rather than depending on a government "IOU" that
might never be there come retirement.

Dave
"Sandbagger"