Old May 27th 05, 07:18 PM
Walter Maxwell

"Joel Kolstad" wrote in message
Walt,

"Walter Maxwell" wrote in message
Pictures showing the beacons and the technician attaching them to the

balloon
material will appear in my book Reflections 3, which is now in the

production
stage.

I swear it wasn't THAT long ago you released Reflections 2!

I have a suggestion for a topic to cover: The infamous discussion of, "How can
rho be 1 on a transmission line (terminated in a passive network)?"

---Joel Kolstad

Hi Joel,

I tried to respond via Agent, which is my browser of preference, but as of
trying to respond to your post I can no longer access Agent to send. Still
don't know why. This is the reason for the delayed response.

Anyway thanks for your interest in Reflections. The second Ed was released May
2001 and was sold out early in 2004. Been workin' on the 3rd ever since. A new
Chapter 23 will have a new analysis of the quarter-wavelength transmission-line
transformer, to correct some misleading material in the original copy. The new
edition will also have some details on my development of the antennas that flew
on the World's first wx satellites, as well as some of the quadrifilar helix
antennas now flying on NOAA's polar-orbiting satellites.

Concerning a topic on rho 1, of course this involves lossy lines, which I have
never studied very thoroughly, so I'm not about to expose my ignorance in that
area. However, R.A.Chipman discusses it well in Schaum's Outline of Theory and
Problems of Transmission Lines. Recommended reading.

Walt, W2DU