Old December 7th 03, 06:32 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"AD5GB" wrote in message
Greetings,

I wonder if someone can help point me in the right direction with a set
of 'twins' I'm trying to get working right. I finally have the receiver
sensitivity back and I've been through the complete alignment procedure
in the service manual. The problem that remains is that the receiver is
about 600 - 700Hz below the transmitter in LSB mode. Other modes seem
to line up ok. Also, in LSB the 'sound' seems a little weaker than on
USB, yet the apparent signal strength (S-meter reading) doesn't seem to
change.

I'm quite a newbie to RF electronics and have gotten quite an education
with it thus far. I'm sure there's some silly little thing I'm
overlooking, but I'm stuck. I'd be most grateful for any tips or
suggestions.

Thanks much and Happy Holidays!

--
Randall D. DuCharme (Radio AD5GB)